January 25, 2020
Washington National Cathedral
The 125th Convention was held on January 25, 2020 at Washington National Cathedral.
This year, we were pleased to welcome Presiding Bishop Michael Curry as our preacher at the Convention worship. In addition to being our convention preacher, Bishop Curry was with us for a weekend of live-giving events culminating in a revival service on Sunday afternoon.
WATCH THE CONVENTION RECORDING
Interested in a particular section? Use the links below to help “jump” you to the right section (hour:minute:second).
- Worship Begins with “Gracious Spirit, give your servants” 00:14:50
- Bishop Mariann Budde’s Welcome and the Liturgy of the Word 00:20:20
- The Gospel Reading 00:27:00
- Presiding Bishop Michael B. Curry’s Sermon 00:31:30
- Canon Paula Clark presents our new Canon for Strategic Collaboration, the Rev. Andrew Walter, and Regional Deans 01:04:20
- Sursum Corda 01:20:50
- Post Communion Prayer and conclusion 01:36:40
- Beginning of Convention Business 02:02:50
- Dean Randy Hollerith’s Address 02:06:45
- Bishop Chilton Knudsen’s Address 02:08:20
- Convention Business and Voting 02:11:00
- Bishop Mariann’s Address 02:37:50
- Treasurer’s Report 03:14:00
- Rev. Linda Kaufman presents the Congregational Growth Grant Report 03:27:30
- Second Balloting 04:31:20
- Ms. Lee Mericle, chair of the Hunger Fund, introduces the Capital Area Food Bank Presentation 04:43:30
- Presentation and Adoption of 2020 Budget 04:59:10
- Merger Petition 05:24:00
- Committee for Diocesan Stewardship Parish Vitality 05:33:00
- Final Balloting 06:00:00
The following resolutions passed at the 2020 Convention:
- Merger Petition for St. George’s, Valley Lee and Ascension, Lexington Park
- Committee for Diocesan Stewardship and Parish Vitality
- Revisions to the Constitution and Canons (with Canons Report)
Applications to serve on the Diocesan Stewardship and Parish Vitality Advisory Committee will be accepted through Thursday, February 27.
Read Bishop Mariann’s post about the Committee’s scope of work