Gun Violence Prevention
See below for links to resources to stay involved in advocating for an end to gun violence and liturgical resources for congregations.
- Visit grassroots advocacy organizations such as Everytown for Gun Safety, the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, the Brady Campaign, or Courage to End Gun Violence to connect to resources to stay involved in the movement for ending gun violence
- Episcopalians United against Gun Violence Facebook page is updated regularly with news on how the Episcopal Church is mobilizing to facilitate change.
- Join the Washington National Cathedral Gun Violence Prevention listserv. Contact Jared Hughes
RESOURCES FOR CONGREGATIONS
- The Episcopal Peace Fellowship has many resources including 10 Ways your Church can Reduce Gun Violence
- Bishops United Against Gun Violence has links to many liturgical resources including prayers, vigils, worship service templates
- Pax Christi Metro DC Baltimore Interfaith Gun Violence Prevention Toolkit
Bishop Mariann Edgar Budde is a member of Bishops United Against Gun Violence a group of more than 65 Episcopal bishops working to curtail the epidemic of gun violence in the United States. “We believe in a God of life in the face of death who calls our church to speak and act decisively against the unholy trinity of poverty, racism and violence,” the bishops say in their mission statement.