Safeguarding God’s Children is now facilitated by Praesidium Academy. The online courses provide participants (Learners) with the information they need to protect the children they know and care for in their personal lives and the ministries in which they serve.
- Identify the person in the parish who serves as manager for Praesidium Academy users.
- If there is not a person trained to do this yet, please contact Kathleen Hall.
- To be added as a Learner, the parish manager will need your name and email address.
- New learners receive an email invitation and instructions for getting started.
Note: Please be sure to check your Junk/SPAM folders as well. The email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org
Child Abuse Prevention Training
Recertification is required every 3 years.
For those recertifying, complete the following course (available in English and Spanish)
- Complete the Abuse Prevention Refresher course
For those taking training for the first time, complete the following courses (available in English and Spanish)
- Safe Church, Safe Communities: Abuse and Neglect
- It Happened to Me
- Meet Sam
- Keeping Your Church Safe (for staff, vestries, those working with children and youth); or
- Keeping Your School Safe (those working in education settings)
If you have questions or concerns, please contact your parish coordinator or Kathleen Hall.
The Episcopal Church Safe Church Task Force is completing its work on in-person training materials. Online training through Praesidium Academy will be used through at least June 2022.