SAFE CHURCH, SAFE COMMUNITIES
Safe Church, Safe Communities is a series of online learning courses facilitated by Praesidium Academy. These courses provide participants (Learners) with information needed to build and sustain healthy relationships within a ministry context. Completing the required courses is a fundamental way in which we welcome and care for all people. Training should be completed within 3 months of the time a ministry role begins.
- Identify the person in the parish or school who serves as manager for Praesidium Academy users.
- If there is not a person trained to do this yet, please contact Amanda Akes-Cardwell or Kathleen Hall.
- To be added as a Learner, the parish manager will need your name and email address.
- New learners receive an email invitation and instructions for getting started from Praesidium Academy.
- Note: Please be sure to check your Junk/SPAM folders as well. The email will come from [email protected]
- Login to Praesidium Academy in order to begin the training modules.
Required Safe Church, Safe Communities Modules
- Complete the diocesan required Safe Church, Safe Communities modules based on your ministry role.
- Training should be completed within 3 months of the time the ministry role began.
- Each module should take about 30 minutes to complete.
- The modules need to be completed every 3 years.
- A transcript of your completed modules is accessible in your Praesidium account.
For More Information
- For technical issues with the Praesidium Academy website, contact Praesidium Support at 800-743-6354.
- Amanda Akes-Cardwell or Kathleen Hall would be happy to help with any other questions or concerns.