For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ.
1 Corinthians 12:12
The School for Christian Faith and Leadership, birthed at the beginning of the pandemic, continues to hold this proclamation by Paul to the Corinthians as a core driving principle. Every baptized person is a full member of the body of Christ, with gifts to fulfill the mission of the Church.
The School for Christian Faith and Leadership offers both online and in-person events as well as curriculum for congregations. Since September 2021, we have offered 25 courses to equip more than 500 congregational leaders across the diocese for their ministries of administration, justice, stewardship, formation, pastoral care, and parish vitality with both online and in-person events. More than a dozen congregations have used our curricula, including CREATE and A Faithful Life, resources developed for the Diocese of Washington for both youth and adults to learn more about The Episcopal Church and the Christian life.
- Consider registering for this summer’s featured offering, Annual Giving Campaign to get ready for your fall stewardship campaign.
- Look for a two-week Repairing the Breach curriculum for your congregation to learn about the history of anti-black racism in the diocese and the potential of reparations.
- Sign up to receive the School’s newsletter and learn about upcoming courses.
You can view our offerings at www.edow.org/school. Fall 2022 offerings will be announced soon.
In addition to courses, the School for Christian Faith and Leadership has developed a Path of Discipleship with a suite of resources to help members of your congregation grow in faith.
- Learn more about the Path of Discipleship with this link at www.edow.org/path.
- Print and post these Path of Discipleship posters in your congregation.
- Download the Path of Discipleship app in Google Play on the Apple app store.
- Ask for a set of Path of Discipleship cards for children, youth, and adults to begin gatherings with faith stories.
- Incorporate these Path of Discipleship prayer stations into worship or formation time.
The Rev. Jenifer Gamber
Director for the School for Christian Faith and Leadership and the Tending Our Soil Thriving Congregations Initiative